weekends
I used to like weekends.
I no longer enjoy them. Weekends now are a time of waiting. It has become a time of missing you, pining for you, and longing to see you again. It is also a time of wondering - if you feel the same way too.
Sunday after Sunday, I fight the urge to pick up the phone to call you. As much as I would love to hear your voice, I refrain. I tell myself that you would be with family and that tells me that you would be happy.
I find comfort when I know you are happy.
I find comfort also that I would be seeing you again tomorrow.
I have begun to like Mondays.
I no longer enjoy them. Weekends now are a time of waiting. It has become a time of missing you, pining for you, and longing to see you again. It is also a time of wondering - if you feel the same way too.
Sunday after Sunday, I fight the urge to pick up the phone to call you. As much as I would love to hear your voice, I refrain. I tell myself that you would be with family and that tells me that you would be happy.
I find comfort when I know you are happy.
I find comfort also that I would be seeing you again tomorrow.
I have begun to like Mondays.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home